Please download our Welcome Pack which will give you all the information you need to get started during Welcome Week and the new Trimester here at UONL.
Please read our important Principal Update below:
As the warm weather continues and we rush towards the conclusion of trimester three, I thought a short update would be useful, together with a reminder of our Trimester 1 delivery plans and other news.
Trimester 1 Delivery Plans:
As previously explained, it is critically important that our students return to physical classes on their one on-campus scheduled day for a range of reasons which have been outlined in previous communications. Synchronous delivery has resulted in many students studying remotely (essentially as distance learners) which unfortunately is not possible in the future for three reasons:
- Student educational achievement and progression have been lower during synchronous delivery
- UONL is not approved to deliver distance learning courses (outside of the specific measures allowed during the pandemic)
- Students studying distance learning courses are not eligible for a Maintenance Loan.
So as a reminder, there will be no synchronous delivery from next trimester; and we really look forward to a full return to our wonderful facilities. We are working closely with the Student Union to support the return to physical attendance, and as we have consistently informed students of this change throughout the last year, I hope this will be no surprise to you. We are mindful that some students' personal situation may have changed, making continual physical attendance difficult whilst they transition back to Campus. The Office of Academic Director (Student Experience) is our focal point in supporting you in returning, so if you need specific support then please write to AD@london.northampton.ac.uk.
Other Developments and Activities:
- We held our second Top Achiever and Employability Award event this month, recognising our excellent student body. These continue to be hugely popular and many congratulations to all receiving awards. Photos from the Event are available at https://london.northampton.ac.uk/about-us/events
- We are excited to announce several new programmes commencing in the next trimester: BA (Hons) Psychology; BSc (Hons) Mental Health and Wellbeing; and LLB (Law) (foundation year students only).
Enjoy the remainder of your summer, making sure you submit any outstanding assessments, and I look forward to meeting you all on Campus in the coming months.