The Travel Bursary has been designed to help students cover the costs of studying at university in the city each semester. Eligible students can receive a payment of £250 for each semester, with the opportunity of receiving up to £500 per Academic Year.
- Studying for an undergraduate degree
- 90% minimum attendance across all modules for the semester
- Submitted all assessments on time (If an assessment offence has been proven, it will be considered as non-submission)
The eligibility of students will be assessed at the end of Semester 1 and Semester 2. If you qualify to receive the Travel Bursary for Semester 1, the required attendance and assessment criteria would have to be maintained during Semester 2 to qualify for the second payment at the end of Semester 2.
- For qualifying students, the payment will be £250 after the assessment results are confirmed for Semester 1, and £250 after the results are confirmed for Semester 2.
- You will be notified by e-mail as to what date you can expect payment to be made.
- Should you qualify for Travel Bursary, you will be able to enter your bank details in a secure repository on VLE which will be used by Finance to make the payment. You will be solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy of these details. UONL will not be liable for any loss as a result of incorrect payment details.
- You can keep track of your attendance online through the VLE and this is updated on a daily basis.
- Please note that if you record your in-class attendance later than 10:30 am (if you have a lecture in the morning) and 2:30 pm (if you have a lecture in the afternoon), you will be marked as absent.
- If you believe you are having a technological issue registering your in-class attendance via VLE, please make an attendance enquiry through VLE for assistance.
UONL reserves the right to withdraw the bursary at any time if deemed necessary.
If you have any issues with your attendance, please email the attendance team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any enquiries about the bursary, please email the finance team at: email@example.com
To read our Travel Bursary terms and conditions click here.